This video gives an overview of the new version 9.
What is different in version 9?
ROBOTLL Back Office
ROBOTILL Manager and ROBOTILL Reporting Module is gone. Both have been replace with the new ROBOTILL Back Office.
- When you log into the back office, you will start at the home screen (See 1 above). The navigation bar (1) will always be in the right upper corner to help you easily find your way back to a higher level or the home screen.
- All the functionality in back office (there is a lot) has neatly been grouped into sections that can be accessed by pressing one of the main buttons. The buttons will display a message in red if there is a section under that button that requires your urgent attention. See 2 above.
- The open till sessions (called Drawers in version 8) will be displayed. If a till has more cash than the limit that you have set, it will flash red (see 3 above).
- Every screen in the Back Office program has a 'Get Help' link. The link will take you to the place in the online help where you need to be to get help with what you are currently busy with.
- Some screens will have a 'Suggestions' section. The suggestions are more advanced topics related to the current content you are busy with to help you get the most out of your point of sale system.
- The navigation bar in the top right of the screen will help you go back a level or two. If you can't see home just click on the root level (1st level) and you should see 'Home' in the next screen. We suggest you use the navigation bar instead of the windows close button as you might accidently close the program - and if you do want to close the program the navigation bar will get you back faster to the home screen.
A couple of other things that are different in Version 9
- Cash Drawers (shifts) are called Till Sessions in version 9.
- There are buttons to create new items - but there are no 'Save' buttons. All your changes are automatically saved as you work.
- Once you upgraded you will have to enter the hardware settings for each till in PC Settings.
- Reports are now available in the back office program and are no longer a separate module.
New in version 9
Apart from the changes mentioned above, the following is also new:
- Stock receiving has been improved. You now receive an invoice where you first capture the main details of the invoice. Once you completed with the stock receiving you can compare what you paid with what was actually received.
- GRV (Goods Received Vouchers) can now be printed for received stock.
- As received stock is now much more detailed, the stock receiving report will only display stock that was received with version 9. To see stock received under version 8, go to report settings and enable legacy reports to see 'Legacy Stock Receive Report'.
- The Sale ID can now be added to the Order Slips.
- A ticket number has been added that can be printed on the receipts and order slips. The ticket number is a shorter version of the Sale ID that can be used to call customers when their orders are ready. It can be configured - see #10 in https://poshelp.robotill.com/Configuration.aspx#General
- The search in the POS apps has been improved - results are displayed as filter changes are made for faster selection.
- All the ROBOTILL apps should display better in different size screens and resolutions. If you have a screen that doesn't look great on your PC, please email us a screenshot.
Please let us know what you think of the new version.