The ROBOTILL Version 8 release is a major release. If you are upgrading from ROBOTILL Version 7 (or earlier versions) to version 8 please take note of the following:
- Normally you don't need new licence keys when upgrading, but we made some changes to our licencing system. You will need to follow the new registration instructions to get new keys (no need to pay again). We should email the new keys withing an hour or two (but allow for up to 8 hours). For this reason we suggest you do the upgrade after close of business so that you will have the new keys before you start working again.
- In version 8 you no longer log into the POS apps using a username and password. Usernames and passwords is used for ROBOTILL Manager and ROBOTILL Branch. For the POS Apps you now use a user PIN. With a new install the default pin is 12345. If you however upgraded from version 7 the PIN will be the user's card number. If card numbers were not used, then the user will have no PIN and you will first need to set up a PIN for each user in user setup.
See the new POS App Login and the new User Setup
- Cash Denominations (previously Monetary Units) now works a bit differently. If you made any changes to the Monetary Units in the previous version you will need to do it again in the Cash Denomination Setup.
- If you used the currency symbol in ROBOTILL and it was different to your computer's regional settings, you will need to change it in your regional settings as ROBOTILL now only uses your regional settings. See Currency Setup
- The shortcut / hotkeys changed a bit in version 8. See Hotkeys in the online help.
- As this is a major upgrade you are strongly recommended to first do a ROBOTILL Database backup and then follow the normal upgrade instructions.
Please contact ROBOTILL Support if you have any problems with the new version.
We will also welcome your feedback.
Thank you - ROBOTILL Team
Post a Comment