With ROBOTILL Restaurant Software you can set-up waiter stations. Waiters can use a waiter station to select his/her tables, add items, send order slips through to the kitchen or bar, print intermediate bills, split bills, add tips and more.
Previously, waiters had to use one of the till points where the cashier that allocated him/her the table was logged in. Now (in version 6.04), waiters can use any till point no matter who is logged in.
To create a dedicated waiter station that will not be used for payments, do the following:
- You will need another Windows computer. A touch screen will be better but is optional.
- Link the new ROBOTILL installation to your server by following these steps when you install.
- In ROBOTILL Manager (from any computer), create a 'Waiters' user (or multiple of these for each waiter station).
- If you chose not to automatically allocate cash drawers then you will need to open a drawer for this user in ROBOTILL Manager. As no sales will be completed from this point, the drawer (shift) can stay open and it will not be needed to do a cash-up on the drawer.
- In your restaurant waiter setup you can choose if you want waiters to log in (or swipe/scan their employee cards) before they are allowed to add items to a sale.
- At your waiter station, log in using the generic 'Waiters' user. Each waiter can then simply select his table and add items as needed, send order slips through to the kitchen, etc.
- At the till point, the cashier will then be able to select any table and complete the sale.
Remember that all upgrades are free. You can download the new version of ROBOTILL from the ROBOTILL Website.