ROBOTILL is a Point of Sale System that comes with a SQL Server database that can be installed as a stand-alone system (one computer) or on a local network with multiple computers (POS Points and Back Office computers). Now, with ROBOTILL Version 5.5, you can also connect to a database server in the cloud like Microsoft SQL Azure.
Advantages of using a database in the cloud:
- You don't need to setup a local network to connect all your till points and back office computers.
- Distance between points is not an issue as you connect over the internet and not through a local network.
- You can manage and monitor your shop or restaurant from home (or any location).
Things to keep in mind (disadvantages):
- All your POS Points (tills) and back office computers will need an Internet connection.
- Your Internet connection will need to be fast and stable as you will not be able to work if the connection goes down.
- The performance (speed) of ROBOTILL can go down depending on your Internet connection speed and your cloud server.
- The local SQL Server that comes with ROBOTILL is free (even for multiple computers). There is however a monthly fee for Microsoft Azure - although the prices from Microsoft is very reasonable and you only pay for what you use.
You can create a 30 day free Microsoft Azure account if you want to give it a try. For more information and help see the POS online help for setting up your Point of Sale System with a Cloud Server.